Friday, October 15, 2004

How?

I booked my flight and NY accommodation via STA Travel. I can't recommend these people more, their staff are all well traveled (and therefore full of useful advise) and instead of pushing package holidays on you they supply the parts you need to build your own holiday.

I fly with SAS Airlines and I have bought a 15-day train pass from Amtrak to get me around once I'll there.

I plan to book the rest of my accommodation as I go along via Hostels.com. I used them to book a place to stay when I went to London a couple of months ago without any problems.

As far as supplies go, I'm traveling light. A weeks worth of clothes, my travel book from LetsGo, my new picture phone (thanks Mum), my digital camera (Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P72) and something to read. All of which I'll be carrying around in my Highlander Travel convertible rucksack. I also bought some Brasher Rapid walking shoes to make my wanderings a little easier.

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home