Sunday, October 17, 2004

A Walk in the Park

I kept things quiet today. After checking in I went for a walk in north Central Park. It reminds me of Hyde Park in London. Lots of kids playing football (not the American kind), couples strolling, LOTS of joggers, cyclists and various people on wheeled footwear.

The evening I spent in the Hostel cafe. Scheming and chatting to people. The guy who was working the counter is called Ollie. He's an art exchange student from North London. I also met a guy from Israel, an Yale student and a girl from Chicago. I bought a cheap Chinese take-a-way and some Boston Brown ale and settled in for a night of gossiping and story-telling.

I didn't sleep well last night. The room was cold and I could hear the street traffic outside (my bed is right next to the window) - I probably had too much Brown Ale too. I've had my bagel breakfast and now I'm off to midtown...

9am NY, NY

2 Comments:

At 2:27 pm, October 18, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you to try the brown ale. Good stuff eh?
It is amazing isn't it that for such a busy city areas like the parks can be so chilled out.

...Dawbo...

 
At 1:10 pm, October 19, 2004, Blogger Brian Jones said...

Alright there Mark

Seems like you're having a good time. I owe our kid a fiver. I felt sure by this time you'd be pimpin your arse to pay the gangsters off in the local crack den.

Marsha says will you go to Bloomingdales and bring her back a plastic bag.....or saks apparently

seya later chief

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home