Wednesday, October 20, 2004

King of New York

Mostly I shopped today. My first stop though was to go to the Ed Sullivan Theater. You can sign up to get free tickets to watch a filming of The Late Show with David Letterman. I had a bit of trouble proving them with a contact telephone number, so I don't thing I'm going to make the audience. Shame.

I stopped off at the Public Library next. It was closed on Monday and I wanted to see the inside. I had a snack in Bryant Park, next door. The weather is cool and overcast, but at least it's not raining...

After that I headed downtown to buy some comics. Wednesdays is new release day for comics, so I could smell the 'fresh meat' as I got off the subway. I knew the Flat Iron Building was also around here. After wandering around for 15 minutes, I discovered it was right next to the Subway station I got off at. Doh! The comic shop was called Cosmic Comics. According to the guides the best one in NY. It wasn't very big, but well stocked and the staff were friendly. The girl on the till gave me a good suggestion for Halloween. More about that later...

Next I went up to Bloomingdales on a mission. They give foreign visitors an 11% discount and a free gift. Cool! Loaded with bags and comics, I decided to finally find Trump Tower. Why Trump Tower? Firstly I couldn't find it the other day (I will not accept failure) and the guide says it has a 5-storey waterfall inside. It looks more like 3 to me.

I caught the bus along 59th to check on the David Letterman tickets - no joy. But I did see Rick 'the whale' Waller walking through Times Square

Finally it's back to Jazz to get rid of these bags and get something to eat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home