Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Legal Alien

It was raining when I woke, so I slept in and hung around the hostel until noon. Then I decided I was going to do less walking. I caught the Subway down Central Park West to the Natural History Museum. There I touched billion year-old meteorites and dinosaur skulls, saw skelli-bobs watching telly and planets, and walked darkened rooms filled with every creature on the planet.

After I walked down to 72nd to find strawberry Fields, the section of Central Park dedicated to John Lennon. Not impressed... It just seamed to be a landscaped section of grass. I looked for some sort of memorial or plaque but couldn't find one.

I decided to watch a show on Broadway. You can get cheap tickets from a booth in Times Square, so I headed there. I opted to see Dracula the Musical as it seemed the lest 'camp' of the current crop. With an hour or so to spare I had tea in the Times Square McDonalds.

The show was AMAZING! It was at a theatre called Belasco on West 44th (not physical on Broadway, but officially 'on Broadway'). In the 2-hours I was there; people where flying through the air, diapering through the floor and there was furniture moving on it's own and ladies getting naked. Well woth the $50 I paid for the ticked. During the interval I chatted to a mother and daughter from Minnesota who where on a driving holiday.

After I wandered upto 51st to get a couple of drinks. I ended up at a place called the Heartland Brewery. I sank 1 or 3 Farmer Jon's Stouts while chatting to a Irish salesman who looked like Alfred Molina. Then it was back to the hostel and bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home