Friday, October 22, 2004

Birthday

I opened my cards and the one present that I brought with me first thing. Thanks for the cash work guys and girls, very useful since I lost mine last night.

I caught a bus tour of film and TV sights from 51st/Broadway. It was very cool, after walking around NY for days it was good to be able to sit down for a few hours. The girl leading the tour was very knowlagable and full of trivia. I saw loads of places from Ghostbusters, the house from The Cosby Show, Lois Lane's appartment and the Friends building.

After I had something to eat at the Empire Dinner, I made my way across town to the Empire State building. Man, I you don't like queues, tight spaces, long waits or heights - DO NOT GO to the ESB. After at lease an hour and a half of standing in lines, I made it to the observation deck just in time for sunset. An amazing view, but possibly not worth the wait.

After all the queues of the ESB I was locking for some where to rest. So I went to the pictures near Times Square. I saw a brilliand concert/documentary film about blues - filmed right here at Radio City Music Hall NY, NY. When I Came out I walked across the street to the BB King Bar & Grill. I saw a band called Tower of Power play, had a couple of drinks, some birthday cake and a bit of a dance. Then back to the hostel for sleep. Not a bad birthday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home