Saturday, October 23, 2004

Leaving New York

I checked out and stored my luggage. I tried to get the money back they double-charged me but I really don't think the girl on the counter knew what to do. We live and learn, I'll speak to STA when I get back.

I spend an hour in the main post office trying to send a parcel of some of the stuff I've bought and collected back home. That way I don't have to carry it all over the US with me. Whether it ever gets home or if I get stung with customs charges I don't know ... and by the time I leave the place, I don't care.

I went down to Battery Park to see if I could go on the Liberty Island Ferry to see the statue. The queues were massive, so I settled for the view I had the other day on the Staten Island Ferry and the view from the pier. I walked up to Wall St, then caught the Subway up to the hostel, got my stuff and headed down to Penn Station to bet the train to Boston. Goodbye New York...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home