Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Can't think of a title...

I hung around the hostel in the morning waiting for a free bus tour that was setting off at 1pm. Geoff is sleeping off last night, the Scottish girl appears cries off feeling sick and the Ausie girl (Catherine) has to arrange her next plane ticket. So it looks like I'm on my own.

The bus turns out to be a magic bus (a psychedelic painted US school bus) and the driver/tour guide looks a bit wasted. But it's free. The tour taked about 2 hours and we criss cross the city, going further out than I've explored on foot. The guide isn't great (no patch on Cpt Foghorn) but as we travel around I do regret not having more time in the city. The tour ends at a micro-brewery called the Steamwhistle Brewery near the CN tower. A small business based in a re-furbished railway roundhouse.

After doing the brewery tour, I walk across the road to the CN Tour. As the weather is better I go up. The tower is the tallest structure in the world. It's bigger that the Empire State but doesn't have the same attraction. The CN tower is just a big pile of concrete and, although there is a great view from the top, there aren't as many recognisable sights. From the top I call Jay and wish him a happy birthday.

The evening is pretty uneventful. Everyone I hooked up with at the hostel is either hung-over or too tired to do anything. So we get some Taco Bell to go and hang around the hostel taking trash. A quiet end to my two days in Toronto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home