Sunday, October 24, 2004

Change of Plans

Because I can't get to Toronto from here I've decided to cut my stay in Boston short. I'm going to travel back to NY so I can get the first (and only) train to Toronto. That way I can come back to Boston next weekend for Halloween. Can you spell Salem? : )

The trouble is the NY to Toronto train leaves NY at 7.30am. So, I'm going to spend the day in Boston and get the last train to NY. I'm going to loose 2 days traveling between NY and Toronto (which I'd hoped to do overnight) and I've lost half a a day by traveling to Boston first. Ah well, at least I can say I was in Boston for the 1st game of the World Series. Maybe I'll be here for the 6th and 7th too?

I spent the day exploring Boston. Wandering around Boston Common and the Public Gardens, taking pictures of buildings and statues. After I caught the T over to the Science Museum. I arrived for the last day of the Lord of the Rings exhibition and managed to get the last ticket. Pretty lucky, eh? The exhibit was cool, but there was too much to see - models, paintings, costumes, armour, documentaries...

After that I went on a Duck Tour or the city. DUKWs a WWII amphibious trucks. So we drove around Boston with a driver dressed in a navy uniform called Cpt. Foghorn, pointing out sights and telling us daft stories of Boston. It was pretty funny. Then we splashed into the Charles River for a bit of a sail. I even got to drive for a bit.

The day over I headed back to the hostel to do some washing and get my bags. Then it was of to the train station and out of Boston. Be warned though Beantowners, I'll be back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home