Saturday, October 23, 2004

Go Socks!

The train ride was 4 hours, which was fine. I'm exhausted. Now I've left NY and the adrenaline has run out I am very tired. I watch the America go past my window, take a nap and finish my novel.

When arrive at Boston South Station about 7pm, I decide to check what the times to Toronto are. This is when I discover that you can't get a train from Boston to Toronto, only from NY. Doh! I never actually thought of that, there are train lines from Boston to Toronto on the maps, but apparently they are all local traffic. Now I have to go back to NY and, as there also aren't any night trains, I'm going to have to send a day each way traveling. I'm going to have to change plans, but it's too late to think about that now...

I check into a hostel near North Station which is over a Hooters bar. The De-stress I go down stairs to watch the Baseball and have a few drinks. This is the first game of the 7-game World Series. The Boston Red Sox beat the NY Yankees to get into it and haven't won for about 90-years. This is BIG stuff to the locals. I have a few beers, chat with the locals and the Sox win. Last orders is 11, which is fine by me. I still need to re-charge my batteries from NY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home